WILL FAT WILL MAKE YOU FAT?
FAT WILL MAKE YOU FAT
Or will it make you burn fat?
Everyone seems to have a different opinion
It's all Butter in coffee one day, then 1 Kcal sprays the next
What we do know, is that fat is ESSENTIAL to human health
5 Reasons you should eat FAT:
1. It contains the building blocks and pre cursors for healthy hormonal function, want good hormonal function?
Thought so. Get your fats in.
2. It creates satiety, leaving you fuller for longer. Combine a diet moderate in protein, high in fibre, and enough fats and you will have a very satisfying / satiating diet.
3. You run the risk on a low fat diet of not absorbing fat soluble vitamins, one reason to not drink red top milk - the fats are in milk for a reason - to aid in the absorption of the micronutrients within milk
4. Lowering fat will likely lower your intake of Omega 3 fats, essential in blood function, combating inflammation, nerve conduction, and a whole host of other benefits.
5. Restricting any macronutrient would indicate a phobia around food - food phobias are usually a result of faulty education around nutrition - get clued up.
6. Bonus point - cheese, butter, macadamia nuts mmmmm
Please ensure fat is in your diet, just as you would carbs and protein
I tend to never take anyones diet below 25% of daily calories from fat, for most aim for around 30%, some will do better having that higher, and some lower
None of the macronutrients should be demonised, if you want to maintain, lose or gain weight, eat more, less, or just enough and you will then be eating to the needs of your body while enjoying all macronutrients and all food groups
And if you want to learn more about the macronutrients in general, ask about our nutrition courses...